tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Hi, I want to get my ex girlfriend off the mortgage and put

Customer Question

Hi, I want to get my ex girlfriend off the mortgage and put my new girlfriend on it, my ex girlfriend is OK with this. My only problem now is I have bad credit, is they any way of still doing this?
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name is Tony, I can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

The only way of doing it obviously is with the lender's consent. If your girlfriend has a decent credit position, then I would have thought the lender would allow her on to the mortgage. What they will not wan to do, is release somebody who has good assets etc., if they are concerned that there might not be enough equity in the property should they need to sell it in the event of default.

tdlawyer :

Hello?