13262538

I am due to take my daughter who is 3 1/2 to see her grandparents

I am due to take my daughter who is 3 1/2 to see her grandparents in jersey next week for three nights. My ex is threatening to stop me unless she has all details such as a copy of the flight booking, who I am going with, accommodation arrangements. My ex knows exactly where her daughters grandparents live and I have let her know the days we are travelling. I find her demands excessive.

Has she a legal right to know these things and to stop me going if she does not know them? Jersey is not under uk jurisdiction but is part of the British isles. You do not need a passport to travel etc.
What information do you not wish to give?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, she has asked for flight numbers and a copy of the booking form, who is going and sleeping arrangements.RichardI should add that there are no historic reasons or orders or anything that would prevent the visit. My ex knows the address and dates.
is she concerned that you are taking a new partner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is part of it I think yes, but it's also just a way or having power and control of me via our daughter. And trying to remotely police my time with my daughter.

Is your partner going?
Has your daughter met your partner before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, yes my partner is going, has known my daughter for a year and they get on really well. My partner has not met my ex due to my ex's unpredictable behaviour.

It is reasonable for your ex to ask for the flight details and the address where the child will be staying - but not for the Booking details!
If she still objects then she would have to take action and convince a court that her request were reasonable - which they are not!
Please ask if you need further details