UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi, I am moving from the UK to South Africa in 2 weeks time,

Customer Question

I am moving from the UK to South Africa in 2 weeks time, and as per school policy gave notice at the beginning of the school term that we are leaving. The school is planning a trip in June which they send consent forms for, which I never approved or send back.

Now the school wants me to still pay for the trip because apparently they already paid earlier in the year, and they say that they paid assuming my son would join.

The above is very high level, just wanted to see what are my options.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

From what you have stated, you are correct, if you notified the school at the beginning of the term that you were moving to South Africa, and assuming that a terms notice is required, then you are fine and the school cannot force you to pay for the trip, which you have also not consented to.

May I help further?