UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I own a campsite and have just had a call about a mum who wants

I own a campsite and have just had a call about a mum who wants to bring her transit van (not converted) with a mattres in the back for herself and 4 children to sleep in for the weekend. My personal view aside, is this legal in an unconverted vehicle?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

It is not against the law but you as the owner of the campsite may set your own rules about not allowing people sleeping or cooking in unconverted vehicles.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I had heard mixed reports about this subject. From an interest point of view I'm wondering if insurance would cover any incident that may occur if the vehicle is being used for anything else apart from its intended use .i.e transit for transporting.

I've decided not to allow!

Best Regards.

No, insurance would not cover them if the vehicle was being used for a purpose not covered in the policy, but that is their problem.

all the best, XXXXX XXXXX feedback