How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69265
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

accusations filed against me by family

Resolved Question:

my wife recently told me that she no longer wanted to be with me, and she stated for about the last 6 months, in which time she just stayed quiet and let me spend approx £12-14K on our new house.i have applied to the local council for housing then 18 days later i get a knock on the door with allegations of abuse to my step son. since then 6 days have passed and now another allaegation regarding my other two children has arrived. I have a social worker, adult and child social services coming tomorrow sometime. i have a strong feeling these allegations are all manafested from my wife, mother in law and her friends as a means to get me removed from the house and take away my children. my doctor has seen me and given medication to calm my stress and anxiety, they have said I'm going through a form of emotional abuse.what advice can you give me as i dont think i'm going to be able to do alot

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since I have not been given any information about anything yet I'm due to go through a lot of questions and hear allegations. What rights do I have in the way of protecting myself during this and how do I stand with the emotional abuse that my doctor has said I'm going through. As I know that my partner will be doing the best she can to make things awkward for me


Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, she probably will. I am long standing criminal hack and I don't think there are many of us who would dispute that many allegations of crime are made to gain housing advantages and other general revenge. People don't usually make reports out of a desire to be a good citizen.

Come what may though, you cannot stop her making reports. There is no way around it. Our laws do not generally prevent acts of wrong doing. All they do is punish and offer a remedy when an action has already taken placed.

Obviously I don't know anything about this case but I would imagine her intention is to make the usuall wild allegations of domestic abuse, violent chastisement of the child or some form of sexual abuse. Those allegations are always hard to disprove but its often possible to shake away at the case until you create a doubt.

I won't know anything about how to withstand emotional abuse. I do know that this is classic female abuse. Making false allegations, turning everything around upon you, being a victim etc. How you withstand it is really a question for your doctor more than a lawyer.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 69265
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice