12826847

I parked in a parking bay, paid and displayed at about 12.30pm.

Customer Question

I parked in a parking bay, paid and displayed at about 12.30pm. I had a ticket on my return. The reason was the bay was a parking from 8.30am-10.00am but thereafter became a loading bay.

Signage, (studied later!) said on a signpost -

P (white on blue)
Mon Sat
8.30 to 10.00a.m
20 mins
No return
within 2 hours

then attached below

A loading logo (white on blue)
Loading Bay
10.00am - 6.30
20 mins
No return
within 2 hours

My objections are,

There were no 'Loading Bay' road markings shown as there are on other bays in the town (Wimbledon Village). Yet a disabled bay opposite was clearly road marked.

On the parking notice - it would be impossible to return at all - except maybe next day
Plus in parts of SW19 they have a 20 minutes free parking policy.
Anyone can load or unload from a parking bay, therefore the loading bay use is redundant.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Who is the issuer please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Issuer - Merton

I'm worried the system expects me to pay £33 a month with no other option available to tick and I can't untick it. I do not want to agree those terms. £33.00 if you help is fine but no further deductions above that without my written consent please!

You will need to email customer services about that on [email protected] and obviously I cannot guarantee that this answer will be favourable to your situation. The answer you receive is the law which may not do what you want it to Im afraid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm slightly baffled.

I think you are saying talk to [email protected] about the £33 a month. If so, that's fine and I will do that.

Meanwhile, you've asked me who the issuer is and I've answered.

Then you have gone on to point out the law may not favour me which falls within the John Cleese 'bleedin' obvious' category of answers.

Am I actually talking to a lawyer able to express an opinion about road signs and their compliance with traffic regulations?

I will opt out since you are displeased.