75100385

is someone breaking the law by discussing my finances. they

is someone breaking the law by discussing my finances. they phoned my wife to say I owed them £2200. In May 2013 they asked me to find them a replacement for There old car I done a lot of searching and inspecting of vehicles that I thought would be OK with,they then talked about starting a dog walking business so suggested a small van I found a couple so I hired the type of van and showed them round the 2 vehicles and got them to drive them to make sure they liked them The first one they did not like it was to small the second one they drove and said they liked it so I looked for a Vauxhall combo van I found on and checked with them that the price was ok £2,200 so I travelled up to hull to collect it at my expense and fuelled it. I serviced it before delivering it. I took it round and got them to drive it and make sure it was ok. They asked if they did not like it could I resell it. I informed them that getting the same money as they paid is very rear and they would most likely lose some. after two weeks of driving the van they phoned to say they don't like it can I come and collect it which I did. I spent till November advertising the vehicle but it would not fetch what they wanted. so in December 2013 I asked a friend to put on there car lot at the price they wanted I also mot'ed the vehicle in December.they started threatening to take legal action unless I paid them the £2200 they insisted I owed them. that is when they first phoned my wife telling her I owed them money. last week end the car lot rang me to say he has had an offer on the van for £1750 he said I have sold it as it owes him money for putting it on the front.
but they are insisting I pay them the full £2200.
as yet I have not invoiced them for my expenses or time

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Yes they would be in breach of the Data Protection Act

Alex Watts :

if they discussed your personal account with your wife they are in breach

Alex Watts :

You should write and make a formal complaint

Alex Watts :

If they do not resolve it otherwise you can complain to the Information Commissioner

Alex Watts :

They investigate all breaches of the DPA

Alex Watts :

They offer a free service for free at: www.ico.gov.uk

Alex Watts :

Customer:

hi thank you for getting back so quick were do I stand with the demand that I owe them the money and not the vehicle and for me to pay them the full £2200