12826847

I had arranged for a free consultation from Golden Charter

I had arranged for a free consultation from Golden Charter Trust. Unfortunately the Rep arrived just a few hours after I had learned of the death of my brother.
Although I did not agree to anything, just before he left he asked me to sign to say that he had explained everything satisfactorily.
I stupidly, and for the first time in my life signed without reading the document,which I can only put down to shock of bereavement.
How can I now check that I am not being scammed?

Do you have a copy of the document you signed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I expected him to leave a copy but when I check the gump later it wasn't there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry do you need more information? This site keeps telling my email

is used by someone else. ??

Ultimately there is no way of checking that you are not being scammed. Scammers do not add their names to a register by definition.

There are steps you can take though.

You can ask for sight of whatever you signed. If this was a homesale then probably you are covered by the distance selling regulations anyway that would give you 7 days to cancel. There are some exceptions though. Even if they do apply they only have a claim for the sum of their loss which will be minor since now work upon anything has been done.

If you genuinely do think they are scammers then you can always make a report to the police.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Would appreciate some actual advice or at least an indication that ou are still working on the question.
I'm not sure whether this is visiable at your end?

There are steps you can take though.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. Answer just received, something seems to be blocking.

If I write to the Company, copy to the Rep and ask for copy of what I signed should I also make a statement saying 'I have no wish to proceed with any transaction from their company'

Its a good idea to get that on record as soon as you can.

Remember you only have 7 working days to cancel unconditionally if the distance selling regulations apply and it must be in writing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you advise on wording of my cancellation letter, and should I ask for confirmation of the cancellation?

There's no particular wording.

Just say that you do not believe you did enter into a contract because you were not shown the document, if that is true, but if you did then you wish to cancel.

You can ask for confirmation but it doesn't really add anything.