75100385

My neighbour behind my house, the other side of the boundary

My neighbour behind my house, the other side of the boundary wall, has a hedge which over the years has grown quiet high. It is so tall now that it blocks the sun from half of my garden, I.e. Half of my garden is in the shade of the hedge. My question is whether I can cut back the hedge legally without concent of my neighbour?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is any of the hedge on your side please?

Customer: No hedge on my side
Customer: I should mention I live in the Republic of Ireland if that makes a difference
Alex Watts : Oh sorry yes. I will move the post. No need to reply.
Customer:

I don't understand what you mean about moving the post? Does it mean you won't be answering my question?

Alex Watts : I won't be as this was posted in English law, but someone else will.
Customer:

Ah thanks for clarifying that for me.

Alex Watts :

Happy to help.

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/