75100385

I agreed to take out an advert for around £200 with a publishing

I agreed to take out an advert for around £200 with a publishing company over the telephone. They approached me. Since then, they have taken out two sums of money from my account, £350 both times. They now want more any will automaticly take it from my account as they did before. I have not received any paperwork nor have I signed any contract. I have received two invoices after the payments have been taken. Is there anything I can do to stop more payments being taken and am I entitled to get my money back?
Any suggestions on where I stand and what to do will be greatly appreciated.
Simon

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How have they taken payment? Card or direct debit please?
Customer:

Debit card

Alex Watts : You need to cancel your debit card to stop future payments, tell your bank it is lost.
Alex Watts : You need to write the company and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
Alex Watts : If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
Alex Watts : The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
Alex Watts : If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything about this for you today please?