75100385

If someone has been convicted of theft of a wallet, can the

Customer Question

If someone has been convicted of theft of a wallet, can the prosecution adduce bad character evidence under section 101(1)(d) to bring forward evidence of a propensity to commit the offence of the same kind if that person has been convicted previously of ''being carried'' in a stolen vehicle under section 12 of the theft act?

Also does the offence itself, of theft or being carried in a stolen vehicle, show propensity to be untruthful under section 101(1)(d)?

If a person has failed to surrender, can the prosecution adduce section 101(1)(d) to bring forward bad character evidence of propensity to commit the offence of the same kind if that person has been convicted previously of 'failing to surrender?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When were the previous convictions please?