75100385

I have been in a 5 year lease on commercial building with private

Customer Question

I have been in a 5 year lease on commercial building with private land lady it ended 28th nov 2013 i have only in the last ten days been sent a letter from her solicitor asking me to go in to sign a new increased rate lease i have decided i will find new premiss and have given her verbal notice and responded to her solicitor with notice.
Land lady now texting my buisness mobile asking me to pay until sept as stated in my lease as i paid three monthly and this is notice required also she has asked me to put a notice to advertise the prporerty for rent in my window? i feel she is breeching terms herself as she hasnt done an over due repair to the maintainace of building and caused damage to decorating i had done 11 weeks ago.
Do i have to pay rent until sept?
Do i have to let her advertise in my window whilst i am still paying rent i have never missed a payment or asked her for anything but she has got angry with me since i said i wasnt contiuing with the lease?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : What was your notice period please?
JACUSTOMER-2anwx5p3- :

three months i have just paid on may 25th full three months but have only just served notice main point is she wants to display a for let sign from monday am and i am worried this will disrupt my buisness continuity and although i have been a 5 star tenant she has refused to give me a reference for my new landlord? she is texting me on my mobile asking for responces now for monday re sign and i feel under pressure as i dont know my rights on this matter.

Alex Watts :

Is it a term of the lease to allow her to place a sign advertising please?