31090051

Iam being hassled by the Borough of Brent for fly tipping,

I'am being hassled by the Borough of Brent for fly tipping, because they have found one of my drawings (I'am a Interior Designer) in Brent Park on the 5th June (11 Miles away from me) with my name on it.
This was part of the Rubbish collected by the Borough of Lambert on the 30th May from my property in SW4. I have explained I was not responsible for what was happening after the rubbish collection but they are not giving up and insist on meeting me for an interview.
Can you help as I find the all story ridiculous.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

This is quite ridiculous. As you design for a career, your drawings will end up in the hands of many people and they have no evidence at all that you are responsible for fly tipping. This is clearly a council employee who fancies being a modern day Sherlock Holmes.

They can't insist on meeting you unless you agree. They have no powers of arrest or detention. Tell them to leave you alone or you will treat it as harassment and put in a complaint to the ombudsman.

Happy to discuss further.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.