Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Should the conditions of mutual will be included in a general

Should the conditions of mutual will be included in a general will or should the will be detailed heading as a Mutual Will
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

A Mutual Will is just as the same as a normal Will, with the exception that at the start of the Will, it will state that "this is a Mutual Will".

Therefore, your Mutual Will is going to be the only document you need to sign, and will act as your last Will and needs to include all the required legacies you and your Wife wish to include.

I hope this sets out the position, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Just one point I overlooked, do I assume correctly that we need separate wills with our requirements detailed on each will after the general details at the end,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your reply.

You are indeed correct- you both need to prepare separate Mutual Wills, as you would with a standard Will.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Roy,

Can I be of any more assistance?

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Al, If I emailed you a copy of the Wills I have prepared for printing could you proof read them and if so what would be the cost.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your message.

I'm afraid that as this is only a Question and Answer website, I won't be able to assist you in your request.

Sorry.

Kind Regards

AL