75100385

I HAVE A NASTY NEIGHBOUR. TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM US WE SOUGHT

I HAVE A NASTY NEIGHBOUR. TO KEEP HIM AWAY FROM US WE SOUGHT PLANNING AND BUILT A 10FT FENCE BETWEEN US.
HE HAS NOW BUILT "EFFIGIES" LIKE SCARECROWS ALL ALONG THE FENCE WHICH ARE AROUND 4 MTRS HIGH. THE ARE CURRENTLY SIX OF THESE. I HAVE COMPLAINED TO BOTH POLICE AND LOCAL COUNCIL WHO HAVE SAID THEY ARE POWERLESS TO ACT. SURELY THIS IS HARASSMENT AND INTIMIDATION? HE LIVES IN AN EX COUNCIL HOUSE THAT THE COUNCIL INSTALLED MANY COVENANTS ON WHEN SELLING TO HIM WHICH INCLUDE NEIGHBOUR HARASSMENT AND PUTTING UP SIGNS OR OTHER OFFENSIVE MATERIAL BUT AGAIN THE COUNCIL SAY THEY HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF HE BREAKS THESE COVENANTS. WHAT CAN I DO?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : The police are probably right in that this is a civil matter.
Alex Watts : What you need to do is keep a diary and photos of everything that is going on.
Alex Watts : Then you could apply to the county court under the protection from harassment act
Alex Watts : The court can consider whether to grant an injunction to stop harassment.
Alex Watts : The law states
Alex Watts : (1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—
Alex Watts : (a)which amounts to harassment of another, and
Alex Watts : (b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.
Alex Watts : If satisifed the judge can grant an injunction, which is breached is considered contempt of court which can be punished by a warning, fine, prison for all of these.
Alex Watts : You would need to complete forms N1
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : And N16a
Alex Watts : http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdf
Alex Watts : However for any hearing you probably would need a solciitor. If you win then you should be able to ask the court for these cost back.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?