13262538

The relationship with my wife has broken down (one week ago)

The relationship with my wife has broken down (one week ago) and I have left the home to give her space. I have written and explained my love to her and my efforts to make the situation better. She is still very angry about the situation. I have accepted my part but she seems unwilling to communicate further at this point. Over the years we have had what i would consider normal arguments but nothing like what happened last weekend

The family house is joint owned and my office is in the house from where i run my business. I cannot operate without access to the office and cannot afford nor want a separate dwelling as I also live in hope we can find reconciliation. our 3 children are in the house with my wife - all at school and my wife teaches also at the same school. What rights of access do I have?

I plan to talk or write to her explaining why I need to use the house office to earn the money to keep everything running whilst we work out what the next step is.

Andrew
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Nicola,

I will wait.

Andrew

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Continue to wait thank you

How old are the children and what has caused this crisis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The children are 6, 8 and 11.

In short - The reasons are fear/stress at work - I run my own business, not communicating these worries which build up and are expressed in arguments. I'm starting counselling tomorrow to help manage these anxieties with release mechanisms. These have not been shared with my wife - she has Addissons which affects her Adrenal glands and ability to cope with stressful situations which is why I had not shared my worries . I now know this was wrong. My wife has issues which she also needs to deal with. Her older brother is helping both of us in a very positive way and it gives me some hope we can find a resolution with time and marriage guidance - but we are not at that stage right now.

He may put me up for a short while after the place I'm in with other friends is unavailable at the end of the month and is seeing my wife tonight to try and establish access to the office inside the house for me.

If you need more info let me know.

Andrew

That sounds helpful
is the office downstairs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the office is downstairs towards the back of the house and separated by the utility area. I can close the door and no one would know anyone was in there.

We also have a spare bedroom (4 in total) in the roof which is unoccupied.

Andrew

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I should add we are not in a financial position where two house can be run - hence my previous comment about the spare room and a potential situation where I may need to use it?

Andrew

Are you asking about the Short term position or the longer term options if you separate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Short term in the hope we can have a successf reconciliation, but also have to consider them get term options if we do separate
You are in fact entitled to return to the matrimonial home whenever you wish unless or until there is an Order excluding you - usually as a result of violenceClearly you need to work and your wife needs to understand that.
I would suggest that you give her the times that you will be in the office and also agree the times when you will spend time with the children as well
If it becomes clear that a reconciliation id unlikely then you may wish to use Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to discuss the long term arrangements
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I now understand the position regarding work - as she teaches this could be agreed to only the times when she is not there?

What is my position in respect to living in the spare bedroom or is this as you say - entitled to do so unless there is an order preventing me from doing so?

Andrew

That is the same - but could be more contentious
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.