My 18 year old daughter was interviewed as a witness for a

My 18 year old daughter was interviewed as a witness for a disciplinary matter at her work which has resulted in 2 employees being sacked. Since then she has received an abusive snapchat and text message from each of the girls. She has not been told if her evidence was given to the girls involved nor was she told that could be an anonymous witness. She no longer feels safe going into town on her own and has been so stressed she has handed in her notice. Do you have advice regarding this matter please? Thank you
Alison (a concerned mother)

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Has this been reported to the Police please?

Not yet as there has only been 2 messages - the last one was on Thursday night at 11.30pm. We have been considering whether we should report it.

Alex Watts : You should as it could be harassment.
Alex Watts : The protection from harassment act states
Alex Watts : (1)A person must not pursue a course of conduct—
Alex Watts : (a)which amounts to harassment of another, and
Alex Watts : (b)which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.
Alex Watts : A course of conduct is 2 things, which is these two messages.
Alex Watts : Therefore it could be an offence.
Alex Watts : You should therefore report it to the police who could investgate and take action where appropriate.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

We hope to meet with her employers on Monday to ask why she was not given the right to be anonymous and to ask if she can waive her 1 months notice. Do you think that this is a reasonable course of action? Also re: the harassment the messages have come from each of the girls therefore I am presuming that this would only count as 1 course of conduct against each girl and would not yet be deemed to be harassment yet? We do not wish to pursue any formal action against her employers as they have been most apologetic

but wish to know if we do have some cause for concern here

Alex Watts : I can help with the non employment side. But I would think if the employer has been apologetic they may well consider the 1 month waiving reasonable.
Alex Watts : As for harassment yes one each does not constitute a course just yet.
Alex Watts : But the employer may release her early.
Alex Watts : Can I claiify anything else for you?

No I think that is everything. Thank you very much you have been really helpful. Have a good evening.

Alex Watts : And you.
Alex Watts : If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today. If the system won't let you please do say
Alex Watts : If you need more help please click reply.

It won't let me rate you but it would be -Good service.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Try now!