tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

Can i go to court myself against a bank and how do i pay and

Customer Question

Can i go to court myself against a bank and how do i pay and get a listing for a hearing
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

tdlawyer :

Is this a claim for less than £10,000?

Customer:

No for 2 million

tdlawyer :

Ah .... then I would strongly encourage you to get lawyers on-board.

tdlawyer :

In theory, you can do it yourself, but it's not often a sensible thing to do without the benefit of legal training.

tdlawyer :

However, even if you can't pay solicitors in the usual way of by the hour, there are many that would consider doing something like this on a no win no fee basis for you.

Customer:

Who will do the litigation i have not got the money to pay them lloyds have total destroyed me

Customer:

Who and where do i go to get them

tdlawyer :

tdlawyer :

You should call some firms up and ask them if they would be interested in looking into it for you.

tdlawyer :

Potentially, they might even consider a damages based agreement, which means they would recover some of what you would recover. Say, for example, they did a 50:50 split with you - most firms would relish the prospect of receiving £1m in legal fees!

Customer:

Lloyds closed my property portfolio down and sold the properties via a lpa and i was not in arreas i had a loan of 1.3 on a commercial loan and property worth 2 million but they sold them at fire sale values .they now have instructed a debt collectors to get 205 k of me i have nothing .i called the bank manager a bully two days later they issued a formal demand i have all emails etc and wrote to vince cable mp he told me to send all paperwork to fca i have done that they say i have a case but can not comment on individuall cases

tdlawyer :

Okay. My suggestion to you is to get a solicitor to help, and I think you will find somebody, because the figures are high and there is every prospect of a solicitor recovering the money if your claim succeeds (Lloyds are unlikely to run out of cash). So, it's worth pursuing and getting some solicitors to look at it. If you struggle, what it might be worth doing is speaking to the London Bar Pro-Bono Unit and seeing whether a barrister can give you an advice on it without charge, in the hope that they are then retained by a solicitor later on if it's favourable advice. The Pro Bono unit is at: http://www.barprobono.org.uk

Customer:

Thank you so much u have given me hope god be with you thank you

tdlawyer :

If you struggle after that - come back to me. I have other suggestions and will see if I can point you to specific firms.

tdlawyer :

Can I just ask if you're happy with this service please?

Customer:

Very happy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can i get a hold of you for the future please

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Just come back to the site and post a question marked "FOR TDLAWYER ONLY" and I'll answer it for you as soon as I can.

Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you can u give me some firms i should ask as its a jungle out there

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
Where in the country are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Newcastle upon tyne geordie land

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But i will travel anywhere for the right firm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

London not a problem i can drive it in 5 hours and sorry to take ur time up sorry

Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.
I don't know much up that way, but one firm that keeps cropping up in google searches that seems to do everything, that does have offices by you (there is no need to travel to London!) is Slater & Gordon. Have a word with them and see what they say tomorrow: http://www.slatergordon.co.uk/contact-us/newcastle/

Failing that, try the pro-bono unit and see what they say.

I can always try and look for other firms for you afterwards.

Tony