75100385

Can I use a template from Office.com in a published book? Im

Customer Question

Can I use a template from Office.com in a published book?

I'm not sure if I can freely use the templates for my own use in a published book or if there are any copyright issues.

I am referring to the templates that are available when I am in MS Word and I open the templates to start a new document. The template is a recipe card which I will be using in a recipe Kindle book that I will publish.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Will you be asking permission from Microsoft please ?
JACUSTOMER-spbgp26m- :

No, the whole point is that I would only use it if it is copyright free and is available to be used in such a way!

Alex Watts :

If it is your template then yes you can use it

Alex Watts :

If it belongs to someone else or indeed MS then no you can not use it

Alex Watts :

But if you get permission from the person that owns it you can use it, unless of course it is yours

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/