UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi there I recently got a cheque and instead

Hi there
I recently got a cheque and instead of bring it to a bank I brought it too a
quick cash company cause I needed the money quick, but I have been waiting now 5 days for my money to come true , no phone calls , no corespondents , had to ring myself to find out and still waiting they are charging me £170 pound for changing the cheque do you think because of the length of time it's taking and the way they treated me I should ask for the charge too be waved ?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Were you promised that you would get money in a shorter time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and signed for it too

I would suggest that you ask for the cheque to be returned to you and do not pay this company anything.

If they insist you pay their fees, you should inform them that they have not honoured they bargain and you do not wish to continue with them any longer.

I would suggest you deal with your bank only for cashing the cheque in or getting the money paid into your bank account so as to avoid being scammed or conned or ripped off.

If you are unable to get the cheque back, you could ask the person who issued it to cancel it and issue you with a new one.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No thank you you have been very helpfull
Most welcome. Please leave feedback and if you need further help, please ask for me only to help you.