12826847

I signed an agreement for a joint loan and put my sole owned

Customer Question

I signed an agreement for a joint loan and put my sole owned property as security.I was raped my ex partner and had to flee from my home.He made it quite clear that I could never move back into my property.His sister and brother in law were the people who had loaned the money so they knew that I could not safely move back.They are now applying for an order of sale even though the loan is not in default.I have rented it out and they have known about the rental/for sale since may 2013 prior to the rape .Their solicitor has sent me a letter that his clients are obliged to inform my mortgage company that the property is rented and that his clients are obliged to inform my tenants of their application for an order of sale.Could you please advise me whether or not this is an obligation or is it another bullying tactic.Thankyou
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Did you sign a loan document? If so what were the repayment terms?

If the loan is not in default on what grounds are they are applying for an order for sale?

AJ