75100385

I paid for RAC insurance including legal protection, I receiced

I paid for RAC insurance including legal protection, I receiced Write off settlement for my car apprantly the insurance companies agreed settlement on a 50/50 basis and Minister Law in formed me in January 2014 that my personal injury claim was due to be settled in the same 50/50 basis which I didn't agree was a fair settlement they then informed they were unwilling to take matters to court because both sets of insurers had come to the above arrangement. I feel I have a strong case and requested Minister Law send me copies of both statements as the defendants statement list his baby as a witness there were other parts of the statement which were untrue the accident occurred when he entered the main road from a side road having being waved out by a stationary car in a traffic queue I was on the main road and the collision happened when the defendant tried turning right and couldn't move because of traffic and stopped in front of my car

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Do you want Minster Law to take it to Court on a no win no fee basis please?

Customer:

Yes as I have already paid for legal protection

Alex Watts :

The 50/50 for the car claim you can't do anything about sadly

Alex Watts :

Have you asked whether they took Counsels advice on the PI claim?

Customer:

They said they did but that was last July I have only their word they it probalbly thought it was more costly than they thought the claim was worth.Even though I had protected no claims bonus it shows on the comparision insurance sites that I had an accident Minister law have said I can claim half injury compensation in the next three years. I was not at fault and still maintain the defendants claim was untrue and invalid.As a retired Probation Officer I still have honest values and don't feel I should blacken my good name by admitting settling on a invalid claim on the part of the defendant it is worthy to note he had only third party insurance and he informed at the time of the accident he had recently passed his driving test.

Alex Watts : Minster Law are a huge firm and do generally seek counsels advice on matters. If you are not happy you can ask to see it. That will only be short because the barrister will not get paid for this initial advice.
Alex Watts : Minster Law can ask for a second opinion - they may have done this.
Alex Watts : You can ask for a second opinion.
Alex Watts : If that comes back negative then you always have the option of moving the claim to another no win no fee solicitor.
Alex Watts : They may take a different view and take it on no win no fee.
Alex Watts : But Minster are very large well respected, so I can't imagine they would tell you they have taken advice when they have not.
Alex Watts : You can ask for a new file handler.
Alex Watts : They can review and give you a second opinion.
Alex Watts : If you are still not happy you can make a formal complaint and as you say take it to the Ombudsman.
Alex Watts : But generally a case is viewed on balance.
Alex Watts : The judge needs to be satisifed on balance, it happened as you said.
Alex Watts : The defendant does not have to prove or show anything, the onus is on you so it's always harder.
Alex Watts : But take the above steps and that should resolve it.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer:

Thanks for your help and advice I would be grateful if you could contact Minister Law regarding supplying the two statements both mine and the defendants Mr Bailey's so I proceed to make a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience