75100385

I have been sent some court documents dated 2008 about a debt

I have been sent some court documents dated 2008 about a debt I knew nothing about going back to 2004. The court documents are not stamped and one of them apparently a jundgement does not have a judges name on it. I was wondering how I find out if they are valid and legal. I have had them scanned into a pdf format and can send them by email.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

There is no seal on it at all?

Customer:

No, there is acopy of a claim and a judgement but no stamp or Judges name at all.

Alex Watts :

No seal - the order is not valid

Alex Watts :

It must have a Court seal

Alex Watts :

therefore unless they can provide a sealed order it is not worth the paper it is printed on

Alex Watts :

Customer:

Thank you for that..its what I needed to know. It is being used by "enforcement officers" to try to gain entry to house to "collect" this alleged debt. I can tell them now its not valid and they have no right of entry. Would you agree thats OK?

Alex Watts :

Yes this is fine.

Alex Watts :

They must have a sealed order

Customer:

Very good

Customer:

Very good! Thank you for your advice.

Alex Watts :

Happy to help

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question might I invite you to rate my answer

Alex Watts :

If the system wont allow you please do say

Alex Watts :

If you need more help please click reply

Customer:

Yes i will rate your answer now..again many thanks!

Alex Watts :