12826847

Hi, I have recently launched an appeal as regards ***** *****

Customer Question

I have recently launched an appeal as regards ***** ***** to Poland from the UK; however, I would now like to withdraw this appeal and need advice as to how to go about this. (The CPS and legal aid are unilaterally unhelpful.)

I would have thought this would have been straightforward. Can you advise?

It is simple.

There is no point in contacting either CPS or the Legal Aid board. CPS are the prosecuting authorities. The legal aid board consider legal aid.

You need to write to the court.

If that fails then you need to get it listed for an application in court to withdraw your appeal although usually they are delighted to deal with that type of thing administratively.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a lot, Jo,

Only other clarification was, to ensure I do NOT need to go through a lawyer for this, and I can simply write to the court myself.

My previous lawyer is making noises about "charging" me for this service (as you described it above). But he seems to charge when I exhale, so I just thought I'd double-check with you.

Thanks a lot,

Pawel

No. You can just attend and self represent. Its not a complicated application.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Jo,

You are a superstar lawyer, and I will pass on the site details and yours.

Regards,

Pawel

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/