I want to prove an email is a fake & has been edited what do

Customer Question

I want to prove an email is a fake & has been edited what do I do

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in court with the defendants who have sent us a print out of an email as they say their server has been changed & they have no access to old emails.

The email is from an out look account & I understand from this in the subject matter re stands fro reply however the email they have given us as a print out is not a reply.

I believe they have cut & pasted the email as the alignment is poor as is the print quality & I think they have forgotten to take the re out of the subject matter as it is not a reply
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Has the claim been allocated to track yet?

If so what date is the trial?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it has if I assume you mean going to trial.

The court date is 28 to 30 July 2014.

I would like you to answer the relevance of the Re on the email in question as I think this proves it is a made up email as the email in question was not a reply .

Can you advise.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Sorry I am on holiday so there may be a delay in my reply. Has the Court given permission for any expert evidence please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure I assume we will be looking for this however do you have any expertise in fraudulent emails & I could email & scan the email to you.
Fraud, which is what you are alleging is very serious. You need to apply to the Court go give you permission to rely on an expert report. This type of expert will be able to examine documents to see if they have been altered.

You need to complete form N244

You can't allege fraud without evidence and you can't adduce this type of evidence without a Court Order giving you permission.

Therefore you need to act very fast and put in an application asap.

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: