UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was injured when a wall on a right of way fell on me. I have

I was injured when a wall on a right of way fell on me. I have no personal injury insurance.
The wall was in a dangerous condition and should have been repaired by the owner. Can I claim compensation in the small claims court?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you may make a claim against the owner of the wall.

I would suggest that you retain an APIL solicitor to take on your case, possibly on a conditional fee basis
I.e. No win no fee basis

http://www.apil.org.uk

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is an APIL solicitor?

Can I take the claim to the Small Claims Court myself?

Association of Personal Injury Lawyers who are specialist personal injury claims.

I would advise you to appoint a solicitor although, yes, you could do it yourself. You have a better chance of claiming with a specialist lawyer.

Normally in personal injury claims, your lawyers fees are paid by the other side so you receive 100% compensation in damages.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Thanks for that.

I note your advice BUT Can I take my claim to the Small Claims Court myself assuming that my claim is below the requisite threshold?

Chris

Yes you may do so.

If you know how much you are claiming, you may make a claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Hope this helps