UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello is it a legal requirment for a chairity to have a complaints

Hello is it a legal requirment for a chairity to have a complaints procedure
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Which charity is this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello i run a not for profit company which distributes its profits back to i,ts members , for the past six years i have been hiring a venue from a charity , this charity is more of a extension from a parish council, looking
after cricket pitch,s and play area,s .

for over six month,s i have complained that one of the woman,s toilets are leaking possibly with urine , this toilet does not leak continuously so if it is not being used it does not leak , this is a health and saftey risk if someone slips over it will be down to me , there are other problems with the venue , so i cancelled four months to allow them time to correct the problem,s , the booking clerk,s reaction was to try to cancell my remaining booked date,s and ignore the issues .

You should complain to the Trustees of the Charity about this and if they still refuse to correct the problems, you may go to the Health and Safety Executive and the Charity Commissioners

See here

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/how-to-complain/complain-about-a-charity/guidance-for-the-general-public/

May I help further?