13262538

Who can I leave my Estate too?

Customer Question

Who can I leave my Estate too?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You are free to leave your assets as you wish.

You should make a Will setting out your wishes on who you want to inherit which of your assets.

May I help further?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
You cam indeed leave your assets to whom so ever you wish.
However once you have lived with your partner form more than two years she would be able to make a claim against your estate if you have made no provision for her
In addition if she pays towards any structural improvements to the property she will have a financial claim on the property in her own right
It is therefore sensible to sit down with a local Estates Law Solicitor and discuss what you actually wish to achieve and how best it can be done
Please ask if you need further details