LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

which of the two dates is considered the legal date of the

which of the two dates is considered the legal date of the beginning of a tenancy; the commencement date specified in the contract, or the day the contract was signed if the latter came at a later date?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 3 years ago.

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor with over 15 years experience I will try to help you with this. Ordinarily the date of the start of the tenancy is the date that tenancy is stated to start in the contract. If you have a tenancy agreement signed after the tenancy has started then usually that agreement would be signed to reflect the agreement that has already been made, ie unless there is some specific reason why this should not be the case then the tenancy start date is the commencement date specified in the contract and not the date the agreement was signed.

Customer:

that's good to know, thanks for your time and effort