12826847

A builder renovated the bungalow next door to my daughters

A builder renovated the bungalow next door to my daughter's house, the last job being rebuilding an adjoining garden wall at the front between her property and the bungalow. He left all the old bricks, concrete and rubble on my daughter's property, behind the front gate, quite a pile. I have asked him, on behalf of my daughter and at her request, to remove the rubble and he keeps promising but without a result. This has gone on now for about 3 months. What can we do?

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to know what my next action should be.

I deal with all my daughter's admin as she is a very busy professional. The lady who moved into the bungalow is elderly, I have had a friendly chat with her and she is aware that I am chasing her builder. She, also, has issues with him as he promises to do things but never delivers.

The simplest way of dealing with this is to tell him that unless he removes this, you will get it moved and you will seek the costs from him, through the Small Claims Court if necessary. It is always better to put it in writing.

Here is the link to the Small Claims Court www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Obviously your daughter must deal with any legal proceedings although I would be very surprised if it got that far.

Of course, this is the neighbour's rubbish and she also has a liability but I appreciate that you may not want to pursue her would rather pursue the builder.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the advice which I will follow. I realise that my daughter will have to take the action in her name but will do the paperwork on her behalf for her to sign.

I will also take photos of the mess and copy our neighbour in on what we are doing to keep the good relationship up. She is a lovely lady and we do not want to upset her.

This man is a menace!

Carole

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.