UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Am I the victim of a scam. I bought some shares in RAZETV,

Am I the victim of a scam. I bought some shares in RAZETV, a German TV company about 7 years ago and because they were not doing well, I just forgot about them. A couple of weeks ago, I had a call from an American based company who said that the shares were now being bought for 15 time more than I paid for them. The only snag is that they said that the shares needed to be De- Restricted and the cost of this would be $8400. The paperwork that I received was headed paper from the Office of Financial Affairs in Washington. I have always been told that if they ask for money up front it is normally a scam. Could you advise me on this please.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The reason you have had no luck verifying the so called Government Office is because it does not exist.

You should not send any money to this American firm, see here for warnings issued by the UK Financial Conduct Authority on restricted US shares

http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/scams/investment-scams/share-fraud-and-boiler-room-scams/restricted-us-shares

Hope this helps