Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

i am selling my deceased parents property have qualified for

Customer Question

i am selling my deceased parents property have qualified for probate,the property has outsanding debts of £ 56,000 mortgage and secured loans,there is also an outstanding nursing home bill,i am under pressure from the building society to pay off mortgage and loans .do i receive a legacy ammount or does all monies go to building society and nursing home , the property will only sell for £70,000
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Your Solicitor will need to give an Undertaking to the Buyers Solicitors that all the registered Charges on the property will be cleared on completion.

Therefore, the Sale monies need first to be used to pay off the Mortgage/registered loan(s) and the Council's Nursing home Charge.
If and only if there is any monies left over after the payment of the Charges/Solicitors and any Estate Agent's fees, will you receive anything, I'm afraid to say.

I am sorry this isn't the answer you were looking for, but I hope I have set out the legal position to you.

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Alan,

Can I be of any more assistance to you?

Kind Regards

AL

Hi Alan,

Can I assist you further or are you happy with the information I have already provided?

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Alan,

Can I be of any more assistance to you?

Kind Regards
AL

Hi Alan,

Can I be of any more assistance to you?

Kind Regards

AL

Hi Alan,

Please let me know if I can be any more help.

Kind Regards
AL