75100385

i have had a fire in my shed the fire started in the next door

Customer Question

i have had a fire in my shed the fire started in the next door neighbours shed I have no insurance can I claim on the next door neighbours insurance the investigation has said that it was arson and we were both victims

Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : If it was on your land then no.
Alex Watts : This is because if it is your property you need to have insurance.
Alex Watts : If your neighbour had property damaged then they can claim for that property on their own insurance.
Alex Watts : But sadly you can not claim on their insurance for your property, regard
Alex Watts : regardless of whether it was arson.
Alex Watts : Your neighbour can claim on their insurance for their items.
Alex Watts : but unless it was started negligently but your neighbour and I assume it was not, sadly you can't use their insurance.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?