75100385

The question concerns a long delay in evicting a tenant, it

Customer Question

The question concerns a long delay in evicting a tenant, it seems about a technicality. The tenants rent is paid monthly from the 18th of the month to the 18th of the following month. A notice was served to vacate the flat on the 5.7.2013 with effect starting on the 18th for two months 18th of September. The Agent dealing with issue was told that this was an incorrect procedure.
Thank you for your advice.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What type of tenancy do they have, when does it end and what is it you want to ask me about this please?

Customer:

The tenant had a short term contract but could not find accommodation, promising that she is about to move but there were several delays in her finding new accommodation. The Agent was quite sympathetic and as Social Services were paying the rent she was given several opportunities to find a place. The accommodation needs refurbishment and plans for this had to be postponed. The tenant is willing to move but says she can only be rehouse if she is evicted. My question was whether the fact that the notice was served prior to the date of the commencement of the two months necessary notice i.e. on the 5th of July instead of the 18th of July to be effective by the18th of September, is valid and legal.

Alex Watts : Is the tenancy less than 6 months please?
Customer:

Dear Alex,

Customer:

Dear Alex, I have not received a serious answer to my question, so I am unable to rate our conversation..

Alex Watts :

Yes that is ok - but I asked for more information first.

Alex Watts :

Is the tenancy less than 6 months please?

Alex Watts :

Are you able to respond?

Customer:

Dear Alex,

Customer:

Dear Alex ,

Customer:

Thank you for your note. I have answered your first question as it appears on the record above. I have written on behalf of a friend who informed me that her Agent has the issue in hand and she would like to leave it with him. I thank you very much for your two messages.

Customer:

I understand that the service you provide is not for urgent cases but it was helpful for me. I will not hesitate to write to you again.

Customer:

Yours sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Alex, thank you for your response to my question, however this is now not in my hands anymore. I have rated your service as good as I did not have a lengthy conversation, nor correspondence with you. I consider this service a very good one except that my original question of legality and when and how should the notice be given was not answered. I am not dealing with this issue anymore but thank you for your interest. Yours sincerely M. L.

Good luck,