UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am purchasing a property as a cash buy and have been asked

I am purchasing a property as a cash buy and have been asked to provide proof of the source of funds. The funds were a gift from my mother who gave them to me from the sale of her property after divorce. The funds were transfered directly to me from my mother's solicitors account at her request. How should I go about proving the source as they did actually come from my Mother's accoun
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You should ask your mother's solicitor to write a letter explaining that the funds were transferred to you from their account and that they were a gift to you from your mother.

May I help further?