UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have recently purchased the equitable interest in a jointly

I have recently purchased the equitable interest in a jointly owned property from the trustees in bankruptcy of my ex partner. My financial representative omitted to include the interest that had accrued on a charging order registered against the property by Barclays Bank when calculating the value of the bankrupt's estate, do I have a negligence claim against him. He was well aware that the charging order was subject to 8% interest per annum but based his calculations on the sum borrowed of £122,000 not £173,000 which included the interest. He has received IRO £25,000 in fees
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it would appear that you have a good ground to complain against the TIB.

See here for how to do so

http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/insolvency-profession/professional%20conduct/how-complain-against-an-ip

If you get no joy with the complaint, you may take court action against the TIB for negligence and claim damages being the interest which they did not include.

A claim for money may be made online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please could you read through my question again as it was my financial advisor who omitted to include the interest owed to Barclays when entering into negotiations with the TIB.

I paid my financial advisor £25,000 in fees.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

In that case, your complaint would be against your financial adviser and the same principle would apply I.e. You may make a court claim against him or her for damages.

May I help further?