UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I was married in Banjul, Gambia in April 2011. My wifes Visa

Customer Question

I was married in Banjul, Gambia in April 2011. My wife's Visa to come to UK was refused and I subsequently became terminally ill. I have had no contact with my wife since January 2012, and no longer know how to contact her; the mobile phone, e-mail address and Facebook account she used have all been closed.
The marriage was never consummated. I have the original Marriage Certificate but no copies of my wife's birth certificate.
Can I Divorce, or Annul, this marriage without the Respondent (who I cannot trace)?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, this is possible. You would need to apply to the court for permission to dispense with service and you will need to show the court that you have taken reasonable stopes to trace her e.g. Appoint a tracing agent.

I suggest that you appoint a solicitor to handle the process for you as it is complicated to do it yourself.

Hope this helps