75100385

Hi, I have a Satisfied CCJ against my name issued 22 Feb 2011

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Satisfied CCJ against my name issued 22 Feb 2011 and satisfied 25 May 2011. I was out of the country on a 6 month secondment at the time the CCJ was issued, returning to the UK mid April 2011, where I promptly arrange payment of the full debt. My question is do I have a case to allow me to remove the CCJ from my record? I was initially told that I would have to wait 6 years, however, I have since heard that if I can prove that I was out of the country (I have work records) I may have a case. Is this true? And if so would you be able to recommend a legal firm?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : How much was the ccj for please?
JACUSTOMER-ok3bqx1y- :

Hello Alex, it was for £9100.

JACUSTOMER-ok3bqx1y- :

Many thanks,

Alex Watts :

The Civil Procedure Rules state you have 1 month from date of Judgment at which point it can be cancelled.

Alex Watts :

You could apply to set the CCJ aside of the creditor will not object.

Alex Watts :

You could then write to the Court, make an application on the papers and it can be set aside.

Alex Watts :

Then you can notify the credit reference agencies and send them a copy of the Court order

Alex Watts :

If the creditor does not object you could TRY and set the CCJ aside on the basis it was not properly served.

Alex Watts :

It has to be served at your last known address - you were out the country and it was not

Alex Watts :

Therefore you could argue it was an 'irregular Judgment' and apply to set aside

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/