UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have employed my girlfriend as a Maid in Hong Kong. She got

I have employed my girlfriend as a Maid in Hong Kong. She got pregnant but we fell out and I also returned to England. I was was forced to terminate her employment. There are 2 main alleged offences: making false representations to immigration and firing the maid while pregnant in contravention of labour law-could I be extradited to HK to face chargews for said alleged offences?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Firing an employee is not a criminal issue but a civil matter so it does does not fall within the grounds for extradition.

Making false representations for immigration purposes is a criminal matter but not strong enough to merit extradition in my opinion as say murder, robbery etc.

So, you are unlikely to be extradited.

May I help further?