Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Did you sign terms and conditions of business? If so what does that say about release of paperwork/deeds etc?
Hi Alex - please find attached the ToB. Please see 'responsibility for costs'. However, please also see 'Instructions' - my email instructions were ignored and this led to my sale falling through. Also, they never invoiced for their legal work and I had assumed because their incompetence led to losing my sale.
Can you please let me know where I stand as I absolutely do not want to pay for such terrible service which led to incurring tremendous cost to me (taking out a load, etc).
Sadly that link does not work
Can you upload using a different service?
Alex - please let me know if you are able to open this document?
Thank you for your response, appreciated.
Is there anything I can point them to to release my deeds - i.e. legislative wording which supports your views above? Also, how is a 'genuine claim' measured? I have submitted a formal complaint to the director of their company - does this count as submitting my claim? And how long does the company have to respond? I'm really conscious we are now past the original entry date and I'm concerned the buyer will walk away.
Apparently any alteration documentation will be held with the deeds therefore the buyer's solicitor wants to see these. So it seems I am tied into getting these from my previous solicitor.
Holding on to them is certainly putting my sale at risk and will have a dreadful knock on to my financial situation (it could push me into defaulting - for the first time - on my mortgage payment).
Many thanks indeed for your response.
The details of the dispute are as follows:
I had issues with the sales process from the beginning and these concluded with the loss of my property sale.
Incidentally, the new company valued the property at the price the previous agents had rejected, the mortgage valuation confirmed the value and I received an offer over the asking price within weeks of advertising.
Do you think I have a genuine claim?