12826847

I recently attended a course where the offer to book and pay

I recently attended a course where the offer to book and pay was if it did not work, it was a money back guarantee offer. However, as it clearly failed to work, do I have a case. The value of the course is £300. His offer is to redo the course and not the money back offer.

Was the guarantee clearly a refund or a further course?

What was the exact wording?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo

His website and advertising method is simple.

To remove any risk from your experience, our promise is that when you complete our unique speaking process and if you have not become an effective speaker, we offer you a 100% money back guarantee.

Spent a fortune on travel and hotels. He offered to redo course, now withdrawn. He argues I was fine on the day and therefore no refund allowed. His view take me to court.

Are there any caveats to that at all?

I notice that you haven't yet left feedback for a previous answer so I wonder if you could do that now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure what answer?

On the face of it, you are entitled to your money back. That offer is clear and its a money back guarantee.

Obviously I haven't had vision of this case so I cannot say if there are any caveats but if there are not then that guarantee is clear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So is the only way to try and claim is through the small claim court?

If they will not honour this otherwise then that is your only way to force them to do so.