12826847

I have been advised to make enquiries regarding a replacement

I have been advised to make enquiries regarding a replacement boiler my plumber says my boiler is very old.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I live on my own my husband passed away 13th December. I have been having trouble with my boiler since January. I have a regular service and they tell me it is out of date. The plumber came today and he agreed it is an old Baxi. He suggested I tried to see if I qualify for a replacement.

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't understand do I have to pay more than the £33. My finances are not too good at the moment. What other information do you require.

No, but I need to know what your question is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do I qualify for a replacement boiler on some government scheme?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am 8l years old I own my house and live alone. I have a small private pension my old age pension and now receive a third of my late husbands private pension. Will I qualify for a replacement boiler.

Do you receive any pension credits or other benefits?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not receive pension credits or other benefits which appears for this reason I will not qualify. I also pay £75 per month income tax ridiculous.

Unfortunately you are unlikely to qualify but its always worth checking.

It is basically for people on some form of qualifying benefit or another which you might argue is completely unfair. You will find quite a good breakdown here

http://www.freeheating.co.uk/who-qualifies-boiler-heating-grants.html

You may well still find reductions available to you or companies that will allow you to spread the cost of the new boiler.

Also, your house insurance may cover it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your assistance unfortunately there is no way I can afford to buy a boiler I shall certainly try my insurance policy. I is more than likely I shall have to sell my property eventually.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.