75100385

Hi Alex hope your well Following our conversation yesterday

Customer Question

Hi Alex hope your well

Following our conversation yesterday . We are looking to back up all files from our server provider before handing over access to our client. If the client has someone changing coding after we hand over access and then decides to pursue court action . Can the back up copies be used in a court of law? As the website has a moving images functions . If we record this can this be used as evidence, is so does it need to be recorded with a date stamp ? thanks Richard

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : When you say back up files used in court, what do you mean please?
JACUSTOMER-6r8aocow- :

Sorry we are going to back up all files from our work. So if after he receives ftp access to the backend of the site .

JACUSTOMER-6r8aocow- :

We then have evidence as of site incase they makes there own changes which alters the site.

Alex Watts :

Yes the back up files can be used in Court as evidence.

Alex Watts :

I see what you mean now.

Alex Watts :

Does that clarify matters for you?

Alex Watts :

If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.

Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/

JACUSTOMER-6r8aocow- :

Hi I brought a A0 board for my business back in October last year from a business called UKPOS .

JACUSTOMER-6r8aocow- :

We have had problem with the sign in slight wind that our posters blow out . Our post cost £50 each and we have lost posters etc.

JACUSTOMER-6r8aocow- :

I believe the sign is not fit for purpose in slighty windy conditions ans the company is saying there no warranty on the product.they are not prepared to do anything to refund or replace . can you advise my legal rights on refund or them solve the problems . Thanks Richard