12826847

I have been accused of harassment by a neighbour regarding

I have been accused of harassment by a neighbour regarding his attempts to restrict access to my property, a beach hut in the cliffs. I pay a ground rent to the landowner whist my neighbour does not hasving "acquired" the site from a family member. The neighbour has continuously reneged on agreements and maintains that my requests for clarification of both his assetion to ownership and actions is gross harassment. Comments please
Stuart gill

What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does my attempts to gain information amount to harassment

What have you done exactly in relation to him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have advised him that he does not own the land he is obstructing, he has not paid ground rent... The land is owned by Nanhoran Estates who provide a licence to build a beach hut in the cliff...he "bought" his plot from a family member and believes t that he owns all the land from the sea wall to the road. We had previously agreed to install fences etc but he has changed those agreements...I have written 5 letters reminding him and asked for the obstruction to be removed but he has not addressed any points raised

I suppose he could argue that five different letters do amount to an act of vexation sufficient to form the basis of harassment.

However, you would have the simple defence that the reasonable person would not think of this as harassment as you are raising a legitimate issue - like debt collectors. If a person owes money then its not all that unreasonable that people might occasionally phone and ask for it back.

I wouldn't worry about this. This is not sufficient to amount to harassment on the facts that you present here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your comments...extremely satisfied...put my mind at rest...will definitely put the service on my help list many thanks...concise...prompt...informative

king regards

Stuart

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/