UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Im an IT contractor working through my limited company. Whilst

I'm an IT contractor working through my limited company. Whilst away on holiday, I've been replaced and my contract terminated. My contract with the agency has a 1 month notice period clause which they are refusing to honour. The agency contract with their customer has a 10 day notice period their Related Agreement, which is what they are offering to me.
A sub clause in the the contract I held with the agency states:
Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 10.1 above if the Related Agreement is terminated then the Employment Business shall be entitled by giving the same notice period (if any) it has received under the Related Agreement, to terminate the provision of individual Services and the Employment Business shall not be liable for the payment of any compensation.

This looks to me to be unjust as it was not drawn to my attention as an unusual term in the contract. Do I have any grounds here?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello,I am afraid not as it is your duty to have read the terms of the contract.The agreement is quite clear that if the client gives the agency notice, the agency only has to give you the same notice period. Sorry, but I can only advise you truthfully.