12826847

Hello, I currently have a vehicle in a garage who has carried

Customer Question

I currently have a vehicle in a garage who has carried out 'repairs'.
I paid the money but on driving it home the problem wasnt fixed so i returned the van to the garage as they put warranty on to. That was over 2 months ago and they are now not even taking my calls.
they have my van and my money.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to know where i stand legally. as this garage has my money and my vehicle and is now refusing to talk to me

I presume you purchased this vehicle orginally from this garage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, its a bit of a long story. its a van I've owned for a couple of years, started playing up last year so took it to a couple of local garages. They couldn't seem to figure out what the problem was, ended up fitting 3 new engines with no joy. I gave that garage £3000. they sub contracted the work to garage in london who said they could fix it. Gave the £1750 problem still not solved, they still have van and as far as i know are not doing anything about fixing it and now won't take my calls. i am based in swindon, wilts.

You really have no option but to tell them that unless they give you the van back duly fixed, you will issue small claims proceedings against them for the cost of the van and any extra cost incurred over and above the original quoted repair cost.

If the van and any refund of money is not forthcoming then you are going to have to wish you Small Claims Court proceedings against them.

Here is the link to the small claims court

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So is does the garage in Swindon who sub contracted the work to the garage in London have any liability?

As i have given them £3000 and have got nothing for my money really.

Liability is with whoever you agreed to do the job. That appears to be the garage in Swindon because that is the garage that you paid £3000 to. If they subcontracted the job to a garage in London who did an unsatisfactory job your claim is still against the garage in Swindon and the garage in Swindon in turn has a claim against the garage in London