75100385

The sale of my house has just fallen through. The other sides

Customer Question

The sale of my house has just fallen through. The other sides solicitor had decided that a holiday let required planning permission and advised the other side to pull out of buying the house. This was despite being advised by myself, my estate agents, my solicitor and an independent planning consultant, as well as having confirmation from the council that this was unnecessary.
As a result the sale has fallen through costing me nearly £2,000 in wasted legal fees and surveys.
The solicitors continue to refuse to answer perfectly reasonable queries as to why they felt there was a problem and give an explanation.

Is it possible to sue the solicitors if I am not their client, on the grounds that it was their bad and incorrect advice that has cost me a lot of money.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Were contracts exchanged at all please?