tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

is a conveyancing executive allowed to witness legal documents

is a conveyancing executive allowed to witness legal documents other than to do with conveyancing
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name is***** can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

What type of qualifications do they hold - are they formal legal executives?

Customer:

she only dealt with conveyencing listed as conveyencing executive witnessed a document for the nhbc as a pg is this legaly binding as she is not a soliciter

Customer:

nhbc want to use this document as a legaly binding contract can they do that

tdlawyer :

Oh, yes, this is ajust witnessing a deed. That's fine.

tdlawyer :

The witnessing of the signature etc., is perfectly valid. Anybody can do it usuaually. Only solicitors and certain types of other lawyer can swear oaths - but I don't think this is what you're referring to.

Customer:

so even that I did not see the person that stamped this document and did not have the details told to me what my signature was for this was only revealed to the company secatery im stuffed

tdlawyer :

Did that person witness your signature (I'm assuming you signed it)

Customer:

I was not present the documents were taken by the company secatary to be rubberstamped we were informed they were only the registration documents to join the nhbc no mention of pg or indemnitg

tdlawyer :

Are you part of a company?

tdlawyer :

And it was the company signing effectively?

Customer:

was a working director but since left and left holding the baby with the nhbc

tdlawyer :

I dont think the agreement would be unenforceable because of the witness issue, because usually, that'ss only needed for a deed to be effective. If you get the formalities wrong, then it just becomes like a normal contract (or legally, a 'simple contract').

tdlawyer :

If this is important to you, my suggestion would be to get the document itself looked at by a solicitor, who would probably do it for free or a nominal fee for you.

Customer:

thanks