12826847

The local community council (two members came to my door at

Customer Question

The local community council (two members came to my door at 9.00pm.) They told me to move my car which was parked on my own land. When I explained to them it was my land they told me I was not allowed to park there. On my title deeds it says I have rights of access and egress to my property. There is a public footpath running past my property and a gate at the end of it. The following day I found that they had put a padlock on this gate which means there is no access into my property apart from on foot. They are now saying I only have access on foot. What happens if I have a fire in my house as there is no way for a fire engine or any vehicle to get near my house
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

This seems quite unbelievable. Can you explain the position a liitle more?

What precisely is the wording in your title deed as regards access? And access over what? Are you driving over a public footpath with a vehicle?

Can you describe the area, number of houses, access for others etc?

Full details please and I'll help you with this.