29905560

hi I have lost my job because, I been told my supervisor to

hi
I have lost my job because, I been told my supervisor to do unsafe work someone else seen it and report to manager, I confused I know that this is not safe work but I thought I need to listen to my supervisor
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is***** and I'm happy to help with your question today. I need to ask you some preliminary questions to be able to help you.

Alex Hughes :

Could you please explain what happened in more detail?

Customer:

Hi its happens to my friend He worked at night shift food factory as he explain me what happens it was that his night shift supervisor he worked in an unsafe work about 2 hours and when told my friend to continue to do the same job witch he carried about 4 hours. My friend is a agency worker now he waiting at home about 3 weeks with no incomes at all. He worked for that employer 4 years I am trying to help him to solve this problem

Customer:

let me know exactly what details you need to know we help each other to make it clear Thanks

Alex Hughes :

OK - what was the unsafe work your friend was told to do?

Customer:

my friend have to have work on about free meters high when the equipment stops working witch was responsible to take off a production from pallet witch was lifted by lift. and as I told when equipment to take a production stops my friend has to get onto the line and take it off manually. it wasn't a safe work to do. and they both know that I mean his night shift supervisor and my friend. But my friend scared do not listen a person who is in charge

Hello, my colleague has decided not to continue with this question so I will assist you instead.

Can you please let me know how long your friend has worked there for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 years and few month

Thank you, ***** ***** confirm - he was working through an agency for them, he was not employed directly by the company that made the decision to dismiss him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi yes he worked through an agency. nobody says he is dismissed from his job just no work for him over 3 weeks he is with no incomes at all I really want to help him. I not sure yet this need to confirm his supervisor who told him to do this we think he is still working and if this is a case it smells me like a discrimination. but as I told this need to be confirmed. More I wonder that my friend starts a job as soon as possible I need to know what his legal wrights should he get a report in writing. He tried to ask an agency what is the situation their answer is that employer hasn't decided jet .

Hi, the main issue here is that as an agency worker, his rights would be somewhat limited, especially in relation to having guaranteed work. When someone works through an agency they are effectively employed on an ‘as needed’ basis. This means they are not guaranteed to remain in a placement for any specific time and their employment could be terminated at any time and for more or less any reason. Agency workers are not protected against unfair dismissal so if the employer where they are working no longer wants them there and has decided that they will no longer work with them, there is very little the agency worker can do about that., Their employer is the agency and all they are doing is supplying their services to the end user, who is the company where they work. This company has the final say on their employment – they may one day decide they no longer want that person working there and can terminate their placement more or less immediately and for any reason. If they had a contract which entitled them to receive a specific notice period before the job ends, they can still expect that but in the absence of such they can ask them to stop working there any time and they would not be able to challenge this as they are not legally protected against unfair dismissal.

It is unfortunate that he was led to this by the supervisor’s requests but that is not relevant here – it could be because he did that or it could be for no apparent reason at all that he is asked not to work there – the company has this right to stop him from working there and they can exercise it at any time.

If this company no longer want him working for them, then he will have to find another job, either through this agency or elsewhere. It is unlikely the agency can guarantee him any work so they can only offer him whatever is available at the time. He needs to speak to them about other opportunities they may have. Saying that, the company where he worked could eventually change their mind and allow him back to work with them but they do not have to at all and this is left entirely down to them.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'